CCHD Home  
 Hot Topics - Env Health 

White Line

 Calendar of Events 

White Line


White Line

CCHD Home Page
Env Health Main Page
Food Protection
Water Wells
Sewage Systems
Refuse & Nuisance
Tanning / Body Art
Just For Kids
Freedom of Information
Employment Openings
Community Health Plan 2010-2015
Annual Report
Food Protection 




 Food Establishments

Home Based Foods

Frequently Asked Questions:

Questions Answers
What do I need to do to operate a home based food operation? Complete the application for registration and submit it to the Coles County Health Department.
How much does it cost to register my home based food operation? There is no fee at this time.
Can I sell cheesecake once I am registered. No, cheesecake is potentially hazardous and prohibited for sale under the home kitchen guidelines.
What can I sell? You may sell non-potentially hazardous, baked goods.
How will I know if it is non-potentially hazardous? You will identify the items you would like to sell on your application. A representative from the Department will consult with you and identify any potentially hazardous foods.
Can I sell my goods at farmers market? No, baked goods can only be sold at farmers market with a Cottage Foods Registration.
Can I set up and sell my goods at local events? No, you are required to sell to the end user. However, the items you produce can be included in a bake sale sponsored by a non-for-profit organization.
Will I be inspected? You are not subject to routine inspection. However, if there is a complaint then a sanitarian will conduct an inspection.

If you have additional questions that have not been addressed, please contact the Coles County Health Department at 217-348-0530 or email us at !


Back to Environmental Health Main Page


Copyright 2003-2006 Coles County Health Department.  All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be copied in part or whole without the express written consent of
Coles County Health Department.

Last Updated: December 15, 2014

[Hit Counter]