Filing a Complaint
If you see or experience inappropriate food handling practices by food workers and/or unhealthy conditions at
food establishments in Coles County, please report them to Coles County Public Health Department as soon as
Public Health responds to all complaints in a timely manner. This usually involves a visit to the site in
question, assessment of the problem, working with the site owner or manager to correct the problem, and
education of other staff to avoid the problem in the future.
When making a complaint, please include the following:
- Your name and a way to contact you (phone and address)
The Coles County Public Health Department does not respond to anonymous complaints.
- The name and address/location of the food establishment.
NOTE: We can only perform inspections at food facilities located in Coles County, Illinois.
- What unsafe food handling practices did you observe or experience?
- To make a complaint about improper food handling or cleanliness,
click here to
send an email or call 217-348-0530.
- Did you or others in your party get sick?
If so, contact this Department immediately at (217) 348-0530,
Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
Please do not use email to report sickness.