Mail and Letters
All inmates are encouraged to maintain ties with their friends and families. Please note the following rules and regulations before sending any items to an inmate:
Any cash or coins found in the mail will be returned to the sender. Any mail addressed to an inmate who has been transferred or released will be returned to the sender.
- - No items with glitter, glue, tape, stickers, labels or other adhesives.
- - Do not send blank stationary or blank greeting cards.
- - No Polaroid pictures.
- - No cash, coins, phone cards, credit cards, or checks. You may send a money order.
- - Do not send electronic items or devices.
- - Do not send mail that requires a delivery signature.
- - Do not send smoking materials. The Coles County Jail is a non-smoking facility.
- - Do not send books, magazines or newspapers to an inmate. Newspapers must be NEW and sent directly from the publisher.
- - Money orders are accepted via mail, and any money orders must be made payable to the inmate.
Any mail containing prohibited items will be placed in the inmate's property and not given to the inmate.
Incoming mail shall be delivered to the inmates within 24 hours after receipt, except on weekends and holidays.
Mail and letters to an inmate should be addressed as follows:
INMATE’S FULL NAME
701 7th St
CHARLESTON, IL 61920